Sunday, June 17, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: The Plot Thickens

Posted by M.L. Falconer on 12:53 AM


I’m quickly running out of Sixes from Scarlet Reign. This bit comes from late in the story. I’m probably giving something away. When I’m published, you guys have to act surprised, ok? 

Kate has gone missing. Kidnapped? Ran off? Disappeared in thin air? We don’t know yet, but Daniel does and he’s beside himself to get to her. He finds her car parked at the old, abandoned sugar factory. Without hesitation he rushes in. 

~Smells of dusty burlap and stagnant water crawl along the base of the walls. Bits of corrugate and scraps of gunnysacks are strewn about the concrete floor. As soon as my eyes adjust to the dim light, I follow a metallic moan that echoes through the east corridor. The rectangle shape of machinery appears against the far wall; a corrugated box crusher. Its metal mesh door clangs open and the moaning ceases. A faint scent of Obsession slips past me.~ 

I sincerely appreciate you reading my Six each week. Please visit the amazing talent pool at Six Sentence Sunday for some great reads.  My long list of favorite Sixers can be found by clicking here … Wendy S. Russo, L.J. Kentowski, Loni Flowers, Kelly Seguin, Mackenzie Crowne, Mae Clair, Sarah Ballance, Melinda Dozier, and Krystal Wade.

11 comments:

Amazing description, very rich! I wonder what the scent is all about :)

Oooo, very suspenseful M.L.! I need to know more! Is she there? Why? What happened?? Great description yet again! You always seem to be able to touch all the senses with your details. Love it!

That's really ominous. I really like the sound and smell.

The dreaded metallic moan! Excellent six, as usual, Mr Wordsmith. I promise to act surprised if you promise to hurry up and get Scarlet Reign out into the world! ;-)

As always your description is fantastic. Setting the scene for something that can't be pleasant. Great Six, Mel!

Thank you all so much for your kind words. They mean so much coming from writers that I admire.

DasNuk;Daniela: I'm so glad you stopped in! I love your philosophies in your "About Me" section. Especially the "Intimate time with me, my brain and a white sheet of paper". So beautiful. Thank you for your sweet comment. (side note: from earlier posts we know that Kate wears Obsession perfume.)

Mac: Wonderful sentiment! You have my word, I'll finish it soon.

Very visual, beautifully described six. The tone is fantastic!

You're descriptions are poetry! I love the visuals they inspire, and the goose bumps creeping up my spine. Fantastic six!

Nice six, ML! Your description is rich--creating a vivid image of the scene in my mind. And your last sentence? Wow! Impact :-)

And yes; I will act surprised :-)

Terrific details! You build a lot of suspense in just those 6 sentences! =D

Thank you very much for the comments. I'm grateful that you stopped by to read. Your words are so inspiring, I feel like I can accomplish anything right now. ;)

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes

    Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes
    Available at Amazone.com for Kindle readers! Please check out this fantastic work from an amazing author! Some of the best writing you'll ever read!

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley
    One of my best writing friends, my muse and an amazing author. You won't be dissapointed ... find this NaNoWriMo winning book on Amazon.com. You guys gotta check this out!

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock
    An exciting title from a passionate new author! Available Now at Amazon.com!
  • Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski

    Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski
    Check out this work by an amazing author and a great friend. Guardian of Fate is available at Amazon.com

    Oblivion's Forge

    Oblivion's Forge
    An amazing dark fantasy read by Simon Williams. Get your copy at Amazon.com
  • Taking Chances By Loni Flowers

    Taking Chances By Loni Flowers
    Wonderful romance novel by a talented and inspireing author and a wonderful friend. Available in paperback and on kindle at Amazon.com

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano
    Book 3 of the Blood Skies series. One of the best reads you can buy! Available at Amazon.com for Kindle!

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter
    Check out new author Rachel Hunter and her debut novel!
  • Writer's Digest Community

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge
    M.L. has read 2 books toward his goal of 25 books.
    hide

    Goodreads Bookshelf

    Mel's bookshelf: currently-reading

    The Willows The Hunger Games The Shadow Rising The Dragon Reborn Moll Flanders The Pale Horseman

    More of Mel's books »
    Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

    My Bookshelf at Shelfari

    wibiya widget