Sunday, May 27, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Lest I Forget

Posted by M.L. Falconer on 6:09 AM


Good Sunday everyone!

In honor of Memorial Day weekend, only the second of such my family has experienced since the untimely passing of my brother, I’ve chosen this week’s Six from the opening of my short story On the Turning Away. This story, which is still in rock and chisel form, is about love and loss and remembering that life is too short to take anyone or any moment for granted;  to tell, no … to show people how much you love them every day.  This story was written in loving memory of Mary Schatt.

~Young Logan Wilson stood alone in front of a beautiful woodland backdrop. Burgundy and gold leaves floated down and away from him in the soft breeze. He stood fast, his hands firmly clasped behind him as the crowd of mourners began to leave the service. His gaze directed unacceptingly at the casket, struggling to focus through tears. Somewhere within him, he didn’t believe it was Mary inside of it. He was haunted by all the things he should have said; things he should have done.~

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day, that you remember your past loved ones and those who gave their lives for our freedom with happy and fond memories. 

Please visit sixsunday.com for more Six’s from some amazing writers. My favorite Six’ers include some wonderful new writing friends who have helped to resurrect the passion of writing within me. L.J. Kentowski, Krystal Wade, Kelly Seguin, Loni Flowers, and Wendy S. Russo; I admire you all; I’m a better writer for the influence and inspiration I’ve found in you.

Posted in loving memory of Terry M. Johnson, January 16, 2011. I miss you so much big brother.

11 comments:

That's a beautiful, and sad six. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.

Thank you Wendy. I appreciate that very much.

Beautiful, M.L.! I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to see that you can use your love of writing to express the emotions something like that can leave you with. You do it beautifully! Have a good weekend, my friend :)

Intense, ML, and sweet. So sorry for your loss.

This is my first time visiting your blog. What a haunting and moving six, doubly so because of the passages that wrap it, regarding your brother. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but the love you felt for him is strongly evident.

A powerful and well-written six, exquisitely done.

Such a beautiful, yet sad Six. As L.J. said, what a wonderful way for you bottle you emotions up and pour it into your writing. *Hugs*

Thank you all so much for the touching words and sentiments on my brother. It definitely is a difficult time for me and my family, remembering such an amazing man that he was, a man who should still be here to hold our family together.

Mae: I'm so glad you came by my blog. I hope the sadness and gloom of this post does not hinder your curiosity of my more "upbeat" writing. ;) So grateful to have you visit.

What a lovely and haunting way to commemorate your brother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

M.L., rest assured I will be back! Your post really touched me and I was completely enraptured by the power of your writing. Thanks for commenting on my six. It's wonderful to "meet" you!

Jess: I appreciate your sentiment so much. Thank you.

Mae: I'm so glad you came by. I'm speechless by your words. It's a pleasure to "meet" you as well. I look forward to getting to know you and your work better.

Jessica: So grateful you came to read my work. Thank your for doing so.

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes

    Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes
    Available at Amazone.com for Kindle readers! Please check out this fantastic work from an amazing author! Some of the best writing you'll ever read!

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley
    One of my best writing friends, my muse and an amazing author. You won't be dissapointed ... find this NaNoWriMo winning book on Amazon.com. You guys gotta check this out!

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock
    An exciting title from a passionate new author! Available Now at Amazon.com!
  • Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski

    Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski
    Check out this work by an amazing author and a great friend. Guardian of Fate is available at Amazon.com

    Oblivion's Forge

    Oblivion's Forge
    An amazing dark fantasy read by Simon Williams. Get your copy at Amazon.com
  • Taking Chances By Loni Flowers

    Taking Chances By Loni Flowers
    Wonderful romance novel by a talented and inspireing author and a wonderful friend. Available in paperback and on kindle at Amazon.com

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano
    Book 3 of the Blood Skies series. One of the best reads you can buy! Available at Amazon.com for Kindle!

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter
    Check out new author Rachel Hunter and her debut novel!
  • Writer's Digest Community

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge
    M.L. has read 2 books toward his goal of 25 books.
    hide

    Goodreads Bookshelf

    Mel's bookshelf: currently-reading

    The Willows The Hunger Games The Shadow Rising The Dragon Reborn Moll Flanders The Pale Horseman

    More of Mel's books »
    Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

    My Bookshelf at Shelfari

    wibiya widget