Saturday, May 12, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Sugar on Tripe

Posted by M.L. Falconer on 11:06 PM




Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers I am reaching. Here’s wishing you a frabjious day. I hope you know how wonderful and amazing you are. My mother firmly believes, and firmly instilled within us, that her kids can be anything they wish. I strive to prove her right after all these years, before her time on earth passes. I love you, Mom!

If you read my Six from last week, the following Six are the very next lines in the scene. Kate is welcoming Daniel home when he arrives in town to settle his father’s affairs after his untimely death.

~The gentleman seated next to me leans over, “Her sarcasm always smell like perfume?”
            I nod, “it’s kind of like sugar on tripe isn’t it?”
            The old man winks.
            “Well, it’s good to see you too,” She says motioning with her head. “I’ve a table in the back.”
            I let my school boy grin fade; with a growing touch of shame, I follow her. ~

Next week I’ll choose something from later in the story. I sincerely hope you enjoy. Please visit the Six Sentence Sunday site to follow more amazing authors. Also, be sure to check my Favorite Author Blogs link at the top of this page to visit the blogs of some very talented writers.
Watch for Wilde’s Fire by Krystal Wade to hit bookstore shelves today!! Visit her blog for official links to find out how to get your copy.

10 comments:

Thank you for stopping by Jessica. So glad to have you visit.

Hmmm.... follow me to a table in the back? And he follows when he probably shouldn't? I'm intrigue :)
Is your story published yet? I'd be interested in reading it ;)

Daniel is definitely smitten with her as hard as he tries to fight it within himself, and yes, following her was a blunder as far as his heart is concerned, but a necessary one. However, there is much more going on in this story than just their rekindling romance.

I am not published ... oh how I wish. However, I do have a "short story" version of Scarlet Reign that I super-condensed for a fiction class project at BSU. I may be persuaded to allow a select few friends read that sneak peak if it was warranted. It's rough and not without serious plotting flaws due to the condensed nature of it ... but it is a plausible sample of my writing and storytelling. Although, it contains spoilers to the novels plot which I wouldn't want to share with everyone until it's finished of course. Say the word, Loni, and an email address, and I would share it with you.

As a plot to get me out of my writing forsaken depression, a wonderful writing friend has committed me to join NaNoWriMo with her and I believe that will be the horse and rope that drags me to finish this particular novel.

I'd love to read it, but I don't want any spoilers :) If you need a beta reader however, I'd be more than happy to!

I would like that very much, Loni. I will email you and we can discuss it. Thank you for your gracious offer.

Oooo… The school boy grin :) Love it! Great six M.L.! Yet again :) Can't wait to read more!

Oh! And thanks so much for adding GOF to your site! YOU ARE SUCH A SWEETHEART!

Great six! I'm very intrigued. :)

Thank you for the comments L.J. and Kelly. Very glad you like it.

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes

    Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes
    Available at Amazone.com for Kindle readers! Please check out this fantastic work from an amazing author! Some of the best writing you'll ever read!

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley

    Myth and Madness by K. Bran Bardsley
    One of my best writing friends, my muse and an amazing author. You won't be dissapointed ... find this NaNoWriMo winning book on Amazon.com. You guys gotta check this out!

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock

    The Enchanted Orchards by Kristin Maddock
    An exciting title from a passionate new author! Available Now at Amazon.com!
  • Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski

    Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski
    Check out this work by an amazing author and a great friend. Guardian of Fate is available at Amazon.com

    Oblivion's Forge

    Oblivion's Forge
    An amazing dark fantasy read by Simon Williams. Get your copy at Amazon.com
  • Taking Chances By Loni Flowers

    Taking Chances By Loni Flowers
    Wonderful romance novel by a talented and inspireing author and a wonderful friend. Available in paperback and on kindle at Amazon.com

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano

    Soulrazor by Steven Montano
    Book 3 of the Blood Skies series. One of the best reads you can buy! Available at Amazon.com for Kindle!

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter

    Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter
    Check out new author Rachel Hunter and her debut novel!
  • Writer's Digest Community

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge

    2012 Reading Challenge
    M.L. has read 2 books toward his goal of 25 books.
    hide

    Goodreads Bookshelf

    Mel's bookshelf: currently-reading

    The Willows The Hunger Games The Shadow Rising The Dragon Reborn Moll Flanders The Pale Horseman

    More of Mel's books »
    Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

    My Bookshelf at Shelfari

    wibiya widget